Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Posting for the sake of staying an active blogger

No, I really do have something to say, lol. I went to Brandon Sanderson's release date book signing for the Way of Kings. He is a class act. Brandon spent time with each reader answering questions in depth and with enthusiasm (despite the massive hordes waiting to get their books signed -- I'd imagine signings could get tedious after awhile, especially with the same questions asked a million times). He reminded me of Brandon Mull, author of the Fablehaven series. I helped Mr. Mull do a few signings as a part of my job at Deseret Book, and the way he interacted with his fans was also very impressive. Anyways, both Brandons are the kind of author I'd like to be.

On the topic of writing, progress is going great! I'm working on Nova & the Past-Life Powers. I'm at 25.8k words. I've cut down my daily goal to 500 words because of school/work. But it's a goal that's easier to consistently achieve, and I usually write a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment